Drive more revenue with Google Shopping and Comparison Shopping Services (CSS)
Google Shopping is a Google service which allows users to search for products on online shopping websites and compare prices between different vendors. Many webstores leverage this service, but a lot less take advantage of external CSS. A Comparison Shopping Service (CSS) is a website that collects product offers from online retailers and then sends users to the retailers’ websites to make a purchase.
CSS is an advertising service consisting of Google Shopping / Comparison Shopping Services (CSS) also called Product listing ads. Google shopping includes Google shopping data feed, the Google merchant center dashboard and the product listings ads campaign section of Google Ads.
If you or your Search Engine Marketing agency runs Google Shopping, challenge them with an additional external CSS to drive more revenue!
Why allow an external CSS when I can do it myself?
There are a number of benefits to add an external CSS to your current setup:
- An external CSS can help you increase visibility on your products. The CSS change product titles and descriptions, so no bids are on the same terms.
- Furthermore you get access to different bidding strategies and are able to get the clicks at the lowest price.
- You are able to access Comparison Listing Ads (CLA), which only CSS get access to.
- The cost will still only be for one bid, so you don’t run into any risk on a CPA level.
- You increase the chance that you or one of your CSS wins the bidding against your competing stores.
- Furthermore you increase the number of impressions and clicks and benefit from increased CTR with complementary traffic.
Is it expensive to work with external CSS?
Most companies that offer a CSS solution charge some kind of fee for the service and the price can vary a lot between different services. But with a CPA deal through Tradedoubler no other fees than the CPA will be charged. Most CSS companies focus on products with high number of placements (max 30) to get most visibility and get the sale cheaper than the top results, which makes it a win-win for both parties.
General questions and concerns to add external CSS
Will it be more expensive for us? No, different bids on your products will never increase your click price. Only competing stores can make the click price more expensive.
Is it good to connect several CSS? Yes, because you get better visibility and only pay for the winning bid!
Which clients won’t benefit from external CSS?
- If you sell less than 500 products
- If you sell only products in a highly competitive category
- If you can only spend a limited amount on the campaign (ex. less than €1000/monthly)
- If your site quality isn’t good enough or the site is brand new
What does it cost?
A CPA is decided before launch. High CPA get bigger volumes & the CPA needs to be competitive for the CSS to do a good delivery. The ground rule is to have the same commission and terms for all active CSS.
How do I get started?
- A good quality product feed is needed (up to date stock, prices, high quality images etc.).
- Set a sales forecast and commission rates.
- Overlook all active CSS in the Google Merchant Center.
If you want to get started, we are happy to assist. Just contact your local account manager for further details!