The fourth quarter, October – December 2022
- Total revenue amounted to SEK 464 M (414) an increase of 12% or 5% adjusted for changes in exchange rates compared to the same period last year.
- Gross profit was SEK 102 M (75) an increase of 36% or 28% adjusted for changes in exchange rates. Gross margin was 22.0% (18.1).
- Operating costs excluding depreciation and adjusted for change related items were SEK 76 M (57), an increase of 33% or 28% adjusted for changes in exchange rates.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK 26 M (18). Adjusted for change related items, EBITDA was SEK 26 M (20).
- Investments in immaterial assets, mainly related to product development, were SEK 9 M (7).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 32 M (45).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution were SEK 0.22 (0.19).
The full year 2022
- Total revenue amounted to SEK 1,640 M (1,421), which is an increase compared to the same period last year by 15% or 11% adjusted for changes in exchange rates.
- Gross profit was SEK 346 M (277) an increase of 25% and 20% adjusted for changes in exchange rates. Gross margin excluding change related items was 21.1% (19.5).
- Operating costs excluding depreciation and adjusted for change related items were SEK 263 M (212), an increase of 24% or 21% adjusted for changes in exchange rates.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK 79 M (61). Adjusted for change related items, EBITDA was SEK 83 M (67).
- Investments in intangible assets, mainly related to product development, were SEK 30 M (27).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 59 M (57) and the sum of cash and interest-bearing financial assets was SEK 93 M (94) at the end of the period. Net cash in end of the period was SEK 5 M (1).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution were SEK 0.54 (0.53).
- In the first quarter, Tradedoubler acquired approximately 30% of the shares in the online video shopping company Onbaz, a Swedish start-up technology company.
- The tax authorities in Sweden and Spain reached in 2022 a mutual agreement on the double taxation procedure which is described in the annual report on page 28. The result of the agreement lead to a cash tax refund of SEK 13 M which was received in the fourth quarter.
Letter from the CEO
During Q4 we were able to continue the positive trend of our business from recent quarters. The last quarter of the year with Black Week and Christmas sales is the most important period for our business and it was good to see that we could deliver on these main events and across all markets, all products and industry verticals.
The results demonstrate again that Tradedoubler is well positioned in the performance marketing industry as we were able to deliver positive results despite an uncertain and weak market environment and low consumer confidence.
The main reasons for our success are our portfolio of performance marketing solutions, our international scope with teams of performance marketing experts in all relevant European markets, our focus on innovative partners and client target groups that fit our offering.
Performance Marketing Solutions
Tradedoubler now offers a full suite of performance marketing solutions and technology with affiliate marketing as the core and the new offerings of Metapic, Grow and Appiness that have grown substantially during the year. With this set of solutions, we have been able to generate 25bn SEK revenue for our clients through 56m converted sales which is of strategic value for them.
Our teams are located in 15 offices across Europe and we are one of very few companies in our industry that can deliver international campaigns with local expertise for our clients.
We are working with a partner network of 10.000s of websites and are a valuable partner by connecting them to our clients. Our focus on increasing the variety of traffic sources and opening up new traffic channels for performance marketing has helped to increase the value of our offering significantly.
We focus on clients that value our solution offering which means a combination of technology and consultancy services. We concentrate our efforts on the industries shopping & retail, fashion, travel and consumer electronics and are by now re-known for our expertise in these.
Based on this we realized a revenue of 1.640 M SEK (+11%), 346 M SEK Gross Profit (+20%) and an EBITDA of 83 M SEK on currency adjusted comparison and excluding change related items in 2022 which is a result that we are proud of.
In 2023 we will continue to further build on these focus areas and are confident that we will see continued progress and positive results based on the work we are doing.
I want to thank our teams for their dedication, energy and spirit they put into our business every day, our clients and partners for their trust and loyalty and all stakeholders for their ongoing support.
Matthias Stadelmeyer, President and CEO, telephone +46 8 405 08 00
Viktor Wågström, CFO, telephone +46 8 405 08 00
This information is information that Tradedoubler AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.00 CET on 10 February 2023. Numerical data in brackets refers to the corresponding periods in 2021 unless otherwise stated. Rounding off differences may arise.