Stockholm, 30 October 2013
Continued earnings recovery, despite disappointing sales development
The THIRD quarter July – september 2013
· Net sales amounted to SEK 478.8 M (526.1), a decrease of 9.6 per cent adjusted for changes in exchange rates. The volume drop in the non-strategic campaigns business continued as anticipated during the third quarter. Net sales within the performance marketing segment was negatively affected chiefly by two factors in the third quarter. In France net sales were impacted by a significant reduction within the e-mail channel which has historically been an important traffic source. In addition, sales were impacted by the pause of a large pan-European client which affected all markets. Excluding the market unit France & Benelux the performance marketing segment continued to show a positive development trend.
· Gross profit amounted to SEK 107.2 M (119.7).
· EBITDA amounted to SEK 20.6 M (-3.1), an increase of SEK 23.7 M. Total costs excluding depreciation were reduced by SEK 36.3 M, or 29.4 per cent, compared to the same period last year, a result of a more operationally efficient business.
· Earnings per share, before and after dilution, increased to SEK 0.30 (-0.25).
THE INTERIM PERIOD JANUARY – september 2013
· Net sales amounted to SEK 1,497.0 M (1,740.0), a decrease of 11.3 per cent adjusted for changes in exchange rates.
· Gross profit amounted to SEK 340.6 M (406.9).
· EBITDA amounted to SEK 59.4 M (15.2), an increase of SEK 44.2 M.
· Earnings per share, before and after dilution, increased to SEK 0.75 (-0.26).
changed outlook for net sales
· The outlook given in the second quarter 2013 interim report suggested that the company was expected to return to net sales growth in line with the market during the second half of 2013. The company now sees that this is not a likely outcome. The efforts to return to profitable growth are intensified. For more information regarding outlook, see page 9 in the report.
|FINANCIAL OVERVIEW, SEK M||Jul-Sep||Jul-Sep||Change %1||Jan-Sep||Jan-Sep||Change %1||Full year|
|as a percentage of net sales||22.4%||22.8%||22.8%||23.4%||23.5%|
|Total costs excluding depreciation||-86.6||-122.9||-29.4%||-281.2||-391.6||-26.7%||-519.3|
|average per month||-28.9||-41.0||-31.2||-43.5||-43.3|
|as a percentage of net sales||4.3%||-0.6%||4.0%||0.9%||1.0%|
|as a percentage of net sales||4.3%||0.4%||4.0%||2.0%||2.3%|
|Operating profit (EBIT)||15.5||-7.8||–||45.7||2.1||–||0.0|
|Cash-flow from operating activities||29.4||13.4||51.3||-8.3||-14.9|
|Net investments in intangible assets||-6.3||-8.9||-22.7||-29.3||-36.2|
|Earnings per share, SEK||0.30||-0.25||0.75||-0.26||-0.24|
|Cash-flow from operating activities per share, SEK||0.69||0.31||1.21||-0.20||-0.35|
|Return on equity (12 months) (%)||6.5||4.9||6.5||4.9||-1.9|
|1Per cent changes are adjusted for changes in exchange rates
2Adjusted for change-related costs in 2012
This interim report will be presented at a teleconference on the 30thof October 2013 at 10.00 a.m. CET. To attend the presentation, please dial (SE) +46 8 519 993 52, (UK) +44 207 660 20 79 or (US) +1 855 716 15 98. The presentation may also be followed via webcast using the link: https://www.tradedoubler.com/en/about/investors/reports-and-media/presentations/
Tradedoubler discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was released for publication on 30thof October 2013 at 08.00 a.m. CET.
The Group’s numbers in this interim report are recognised excluding discontinued operations unless otherwise stated. Numerical data in brackets refers to the corresponding period in 2012 unless otherwise stated. Rounding off differences may arise.